Western Thatch Ants
Rathtrevor Beach Provincial Park hosts Western Thatch Ants. At the moment of the season these ants are extremely active so please respect these normal bugs and steer clear of any unneeded interruption of these houses, which are in the shape of mounds. Please keep all meals sealed and stored away you should definitely in usage, and use garbage and bins that are recycling get rid of waste. These actions may help avoid any undesired discussion with these small animals.
Dogs aren’t allowed on coastline areas.
Pets/domestic pets should be for a leash and in order all times.
you will be in charge of their behavior and must get rid of their excrement. Animals aren’t allowed when you look at the day-use beach areas of this park. Animals are permitted regarding the beach next to the campground between might 1 and February 14, nonetheless they needs to be for a leash. Please observe posted signs (see park map).
About That Park
Majestic old-growth trees, gorgeous ocean sunsets plus an inviting, wide sandy coastline with campsites nestled amongst mature Douglas fir woods makes Rathtrevor Beach Provincial Park in Parksville among the premier holiday locations on Vancouver Island.
At low tide the ocean recedes nearly a kilometre, supplying a perfect spot for site visitors of all of the many years to relax and play within the sand and explore the shoreline. As soon as the tide rolls in on the sun-baked sand, the warmed water is unbeatable latvian mail order for swimming and salt water enjoyable.
Rathtrevor Beach is great for a relaxed household outing. Merely stay right back and immerse within the seaside environment or take a stroll through the wooded upland area for the park. All campsites are inside a walk that is 5-minute the 2 km stretch of sandy coastline. The park additionally features a sizable day-use area, ideal for a day picnic.
Bird watching can also be a favorite task during the park, especially in the springtime whenever more and more seabirds congregate for the yearly herring spawn.
During February, March and April, Rathtrevor Beach can be among the best spots in the Island to see the migrating Brant geese.
Know Before Going
- This really is a really popular park all year-round. Throughout the summer season (between your a week ago of June and Labour Day in September), reservations are expected. From May 15th to your a week ago of June, reservations are recommended. Although reservations are needed in the summertime period, unclaimed or unreserved internet sites may be around on per night to evening foundation. Please seek advice from the park operator.
- Alternate camping room may be accessible at nearby Englishman River Falls Provincial Park (13 km) or Little Qualicum Falls Provincial Park (24 kilometer). These two areas additionally accept reservations.
- This park doesn’t have a watercraft launch. The closest launch reaches French Creek Marina, 8 kilometer north for the park on Hwy 19a.
All campsite, team campsite and group picnic shelter reservations needs to be made through Discover Camping. Whenever reservations are not available, all campsites work as first-come, first-served.
Campsite reservations are accepted only at that park. All drive-in and walk-in campsites are reservable; there aren’t any first-come, first-served internet web web sites.
Group Campsite Reservations
Group campsite reservations are accepted for the combined group campsites through Discover Camping.
Group Picnic Shelter Reservations
Location and Maps
Take note: Any maps detailed are for information just; they might maybe maybe not express appropriate boundaries and really should not be useful for navigation.
Rathtrevor Beach Provincial Park is located 3 kilometer south of Parksville on Hwy 19a, on main Vancouver Island. Just simply simply Take exit #51 from the Inland Island Highway (Hwy #19) and signs that are follow the park. The closest communities are Parksville, Qualicum and Nanaimo.
Maps and Brochures
Any maps detailed are for information just; they could maybe maybe maybe not express boundaries that are legal shouldn’t be useful for navigation.
Culture and nature
- History: Rathtrevor took its title through the Irish household who homesteaded about this land. William Rath, a gold prospector, arrived in 1886 together with his wife that is young and child. A log was built by them cabin, cleared the land, as well as in 1895 they built the barn. William died in 1903, leaving Elizabeth the farm and five kids. She turned out to be a person that is industrious effectively operating the farm and finally running it as being a campground. The suffix вЂњtrevorвЂќ had been put into provide the campground a far more name that is lyrical. Rathtrevor Campground became Rathtrevor Beach Provincial Park in 1967 and although much changed since William and Elizabeth first arrived, its beauty and value are preserved for the continued satisfaction.
- Wildlife: Several types of wildlife is seen when you look at the park, including deer, raccoons, squirrels, otters, mink, eagles, osprey, hawks, vultures, owls, and shore that is many migratory birds that utilize the park area throughout their springtime and autumn migrations. The absolute most famous shore that is migratory will be the Brant geese (Branta bernicla) whom utilize the beaches of Rathtrevor and Craig Bay as staging and feeding areas throughout their springtime migration to north Canada and Alaska.
- Management Planning Information
- Rathtrevor Provincial Park Management Arrange PDF 1.96MBDisclaimer:This is maybe not the initial management preparation item. This document was scanned through the format that is original of plan. It might include some changes that are formatting but the content is in keeping with the first.
Activities Available at this Park
Animals on Leash
Facilities Offered By this Park
Drinking Tap Water
You can find 6 team campsites as of this park. Group Sites 1 вЂ“ 4 are positioned off Rath path simply at night administration building, before the day-use is reached by you parking lots.
These websites are located in a available industry, with picnic tables, fire bands, flush toilets/change building and a brand new clean section with fresh water.
Group web Sites 5 & 6 can be found later on from Group Sites 1 вЂ“ 4 within the parking that is old 4 area. Group campsites are open from might 12 to October 15. Reservation information В»
Youth team camping costs per evening are $1/person (6+), having a $50 minimum and $150 optimum. Browse the Youth Group policy about Criteria for Youth Groups.
Regular group camping fees per night would be the base price for the website, which is $120.00/group site/night, plus $5/adult (16+, minimal fee for 15 grownups), plus $1/child (6-15). Young ones under 6 are free!
This park has a big day-use/picnic area near the coastline and ocean with 3 parking lots, 75 picnic tables, 2 reservable picnic shelters, pit toilets, two 2 flush toilet/change structures, walking tracks and an adventure playground. Reservation information В»